Noo-Psyche K7 Pro 3 LAN/WIFI connection

marzd220

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

Have anybody been able to successfully connect their light to wifi? I was able to do it once and it worked for a while then lost connection and I have not been able to reconnect to my home network wifi again. I don't have an issue using AP mode but just the convenience of not having to switch over if I need to make any adjustment to my lights.

Thank you in advance!

underwaterjr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had WiFi working on mine as well. Warning tin hat stuff coming. I just felt a little naked with my home internet security so went back to ap connection. I have no justification as to why I had felt that way. Tim hat stuff over, the app works great with ap connections and how often do you really use it once the lights are set up. In the last 6 months since mine has been in a schedule I think I went in once for no reason but just to tinker.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Season 9 Smh GIF by The Office

I gave up on getting mine connected to wifi. I can’t separate the 2.4ghz from the 5 ghz band on my mesh router so that makes it harder but I have been able to get everything else I’ve ever bought connected. I tried for a few days and gave up.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Season 9 Smh GIF by The Office

I gave up on getting mine connected to wifi. I can’t separate the 2.4ghz from the 5 ghz band on my mesh router so that makes it harder but I have been able to get everything else I’ve ever bought connected. I tried for a few days and gave up.
I've had that issue with a couple of 2.4ghz items. I assume it is because they all use the same chip for their wifi but who knows. To get mine to connect I had to turn the strength of the 5ghz signal down as low as it would go and then move the 2.4ghz device for enough away so that it only could get the 2.4ghz signal. Once connected this way I never had another issue with connection.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had that issue with a couple of 2.4ghz items. I assume it is because they all use the same chip for their wifi but who knows. To get mine to connect I had to turn the strength of the 5ghz signal down as low as it would go and then move the 2.4ghz device for enough away so that it only could get the 2.4ghz signal. Once connected this way I never had another issue with connection.
Yep I’ve tried. I’ve actually taken devices outside before to set them so that my phone didn’t have enough strength for 5ghz. The Noopsyche lights have been the only device I’ve never been able to get to work.

underwaterjr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I also have a mesh system. I had to unplug the node in the basement by the tank, walk outside until my phone switched to 2.4 ghz then quickly walk back in by tank and I was able to get it on WiFi. Lot of hoops and you can’t do anything if you’re not home on the same WiFi network anyway. So how’s that any better than ap without the security risks? Otherwise I’ve been real happy with them.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I also have a mesh system. I had to unplug the node in the basement by the tank, walk outside until my phone switched to 2.4 ghz then quickly walk back in by tank and I was able to get it on WiFi. Lot of hoops and you can’t do anything if you’re not home on the same WiFi network anyway. So how’s that any better than ap without the security risks? Otherwise I’ve been real happy with them.
For most devices I can unplug the satellite near the back of my house and go in the corner farthest away from my router, but I never got it to work for the light.
I tried for a while and then gave up it wasn’t worth the hassle for something that I am rarely going to adjust anyway.

I always assumed setting it up with wifi made it work from anywhere. I didn’t know that you still had to be connected to your homes wifi.

underwaterjr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I couldn’t connect unless on home network. Not sure if that’s how it was intended or just how it was for me. But I had the WiFi working for a couple months. And could connect to them from anywhere in the house but unless I was in front of the tank I didn’t find much use for it.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 67 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back