Noob Question on Molting

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Joined
Aug 18, 2021
Messages
1,547
Reaction score
5,185
Location
Rocky Mountains
What state or country do you live in
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My scarlet skunk cleaner shrimp molted last night. Do I need to worry about getting his old exoskeleton out of the tank?
 
Thanks all! That's what I thought, but then I couldn't imagine my hermits and emerald crab chowing down on it. lol
 
Follow up!!

How often is "normal" for a shrimp to molt? I got this guy on 9/14, he molted 9/20, and again last night (9/29). Are weekly cleaner shrimp molts a regular thing or is mine just eating his Wheaties?
 
Follow up!!

How often is "normal" for a shrimp to molt? I got this guy on 9/14, he molted 9/20, and again last night (9/29). Are weekly cleaner shrimp molts a regular thing or is mine just eating his Wheaties?
yes in nature shrimps molt once a week , so its completely fine .
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new