Noob Reef Tank

Mcdy

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 10, 2019
Messages
91
Reaction score
42
Location
Independence
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
75 gallons
20 gallon sump
50lbs Live rock
A360x lights
Cor15 return pump
APEX (2016)
FMM--ATK
Flow sensor
All 4 probes
2 anemones
3 Tangs
Jawfish
Sifter fish
2 clowns
CUC
25 Frags

20190815_203507.jpg
 
Looks great! could do with some more white light but it might just be the camera. Do you have a full tank shot?
 
@Mcdy looking good! I can't see from the photo but you might want to invest in a mesh or glass cover for the tank, personally I prefer mesh but thats due to me accidentally breaking a tank at my work because a glass lid slipped
 
I am waiting on one more piece, synergy reef ato reservoir, and I can clean all the wiring and hoses up. Only been up for a couple of months now. We are in a rental so I can not get go elaborate.
 
@Mcdy looking good! I can't see from the photo but you might want to invest in a mesh or glass cover for the tank, personally I prefer mesh but thats due to me accidentally breaking a tank at my work because a glass lid slipped
Cover? I have not heard of doing that yet. Hmmm, keep debris out?
 
Cover? I have not heard of doing that yet. Hmmm, keep debris out?
the glass ones do that really well and they help reduce your energy bill through heaters etc I'm not sure on the mechanics.

most importantly they prevent fish jumping out of the tank, the main culprits are fire goby's
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new