Noob RO/DI Question

7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to having my own RO/DI unit and I’m renting, so I can’t just replace any plumbing. Unfortunately, my apartment has these newer weird faucets that won’t accept the standard connectors that my RO/DI unit came with and I’m not sure what I need to get to make this work.

First, my RO/DI connectors:
IMG_7613.jpeg
IMG_7612.jpeg

My bathroom sinks are the closest to “normal” and the RO/DI connector does fit over the aerator, but there’s nothing to screw into, so it doesn’t seal:
IMG_7607.jpeg

Tubs are the standard tub faucets:
IMG_7609.jpeg

And my kitchen sink is a sprayer head:
IMG_7610.jpeg

IMG_7611.jpeg

The sprayer head is larger than my RO/DI connectors. Under all sinks, my plumbing looks like this:
IMG_7608.jpeg

My best guess is that my best option might be adding something to the cold water line coming in, but I’m not sure the best way to attempt this without flooding under the sink.

Thoughts or ideas?

OP
OP
7of9

7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, your best bet is to attach a T-connector to the cold water line. Are you just going to place the waste line into the sink or something?
I was thinking I might put the waste line in another bucket and water plants with it. Otherwise, yes, it will just go into the sink to drain.

RandyL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this is for intermittent use (such as to pull water periodically for mixing new tank water) be sure to get a high quality shut off valve that will be easy to turn and is durable. I made the mistake of using some lower quality valves in a previous job and ended up replacing them pretty quickly as they were a pain to operate.

Asm481

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks to me your bath faucet has a aerator that screws on which is very common. Get a good grip on there and twist it off. Many rodi units come with the common aerator thread adapter. If not take that aerator to your local hardware store and ask for an adapter from that aerator to hose thread which is the fitting you showed.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%

Back