Noopsyche K7 Mini Lighting

heyItzCathan

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 8, 2025
Messages
95
Reaction score
60
Location
Highland
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon, I was wondering if anyone is struggling to get the correct amount of power/lighting.

My Zoas have been stretching so I increase the power each week but then the zoas start reacting negatively and the mushrooms start to shrivel. So then I need to die the brightness down but then the zoas start stretching again. But the mushrooms become happier.



Kind of lost here. Just trying to find the sweet spot
 
how big is your tank? What intensity is the set at?
If the tank is 12" - 16" deep then IMO your light should be set somewhere 70%- 100%. I run several nano tanks that are 12" deep and my lights are 55 and 60 watts (same as yours) and I have them set at 85%.
 
Keep it to 5% changes per week and the corals should adapt no problemo
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new