noopsyche k7 pro iii jumping out of " auto schedule"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Rmac1967fstback

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im having this issue where my k7 pro iii will randomly jump out of my auto scheduling and fall back to " manual". When this happens I have to log into the app, and click on " lps/sps " and click on the slider that says manual and switch it back to auto. This happen 1-2 times a week for some reason and im afraid its going to effect my sps because it changes to a default light setting. Any help is appreciated

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi, Probably caused by the button, did you press/hold the button too hard?

OP
OP
R

Rmac1967fstback

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, Probably caused by the button, did you press/hold the button too hard?
I truly don't believe it has anything to do with buttons being pressed to hard. I need to get to the bottom of this asap. Could it be something to do with my wifi connection to the lights. My modem is in my living g room and the lights are in my basement on the opposite side of the house.

FakeValtteri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My light has been doing the same thing. I’m not in the app or connected to the light and it will randomly ignore my saved schedule settings. Sometimes I can go back into the app and force it back, but the last time I had to delete the app entirely and reset up everything.

CF0581

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, my lights coming to me this week. I have the Same Problem With Time and Auto Mode. This is very stupid. @noopsyche please help us users here. Thank you. Greating from Germany

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi, my lights coming to me this week. I have the Same Problem With Time and Auto Mode. This is very stupid. @noopsyche please help us users here. Thank you. Greating from Germany
Hi
I sent you a personal message

OP
OP
R

Rmac1967fstback

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick update it is now November 28th, and nothing has been resolved. Noopsyche says it is a button issue which it is not! They send me replacement buttons which I replaced and it has not fixed the issue. I am currently on vacation and I looked through my live cam and my lights have jumped out of auto again and is stuck in manual. I can not shut the lights off without being home and connected to my wifi, which I will not be until next Sunday. I'm pretty sure all my corals will be dead when I get home. Thanks for nothing noopsyche. I am so sorry I wasted my money on these lights and hope no one else deals with this issue.

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry for your coral misfortune, is it possible vacation end early to save corals? The one we sent you - the button part - is still on its way. When received, please replace them

Struggle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your coral misfortune, is it possible vacation end early to save corals? The one we sent you - the button part - is still on its way. When received, please replace them
May I ask when you said you would ship and when it was shipped? The only reason I ask is Your lights were one of the three that I was going to buy for my tank.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick update it is now November 28th, and nothing has been resolved. Noopsyche says it is a button issue which it is not! They send me replacement buttons which I replaced and it has not fixed the issue. I am currently on vacation and I looked through my live cam and my lights have jumped out of auto again and is stuck in manual. I can not shut the lights off without being home and connected to my wifi, which I will not be until next Sunday. I'm pretty sure all my corals will be dead when I get home. Thanks for nothing noopsyche. I am so sorry I wasted my money on these lights and hope no one else deals with this issue.
Is it possible to have some body turn them off.

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
May I ask when you said you would ship and when it was shipped? The only reason I ask is Your lights were one of the three that I was going to buy for my tank.
Usually sent out from warehouse within 48 hours

OP
OP
R

Rmac1967fstback

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible to have some body turn them off.
I was able to have my brother in-law go by and shut them off 2 days before my vacation ended. Unfortunately 2 of my sps colonies look like they saw a ghost due to the lights blasting them 24 hrs straight for 6 days, and quite a few of my lps have drastically lightened. I guess at the end of the day, the only one to blame is me right!

OP
OP
R

Rmac1967fstback

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My light has been doing the same thing. I’m not in the app or connected to the light and it will randomly ignore my saved schedule settings. Sometimes I can go back into the app and force it back, but the last time I had to delete the app entirely and reset up everything.
Have you been able to solve this issue? I'm still having this problem. No help from noopsyche

OP
OP
R

Rmac1967fstback

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In case anyone was curious this is the current status with the lights. They are sending me 3 new control boards for the lights. I will keep you posted

Screenshot_20221227-225701_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20221227_230558.jpg Screenshot_20221227-225701_Chrome.jpg

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are my observations:

I have maybe 20 hours total fiddling with these trying to get the WiFi working on numerous Access Points. They simply will not connect.

I see several threads here for the K7 Pro III jumping out of schedule mode. Assuming there is no "firmware" update option, and this is not a "hardware" component issue, unless they have redesigned the boards for some hardware flaw.

Nonetheless, there are NO firmware or hardware level notes in the APP or on their site. That in itself is concerning. How the heck do we know what we are running compared to other people who are having problems?

I see sporadic (I know it is Christmas) responses from NP over the last several months, polite, but most often dismissive of actual problems and deflecting toward user error.

I see most serious issues finally get the "PM me and we can will resolve privately " treatment. This particular case appears to follow that pattern. Assuming that YOU have the problem for 3 lights, won't ALL OF US with the same hardware or firmware revision have the same issue?

I am fine with the PM resolution path - but not the fact that the issues in question never really get a public resolution or acknowledgement of a hardware or firmware problem that will affect other users.

I think in the end, given the price point, you get what you pay for. A product that is capable but rough (very) around the edges at all levels. I think NP is attempting to support these as best they can, but the "hardware" and "firmware" unknowns are troublesome to me.

As I mentioned on the other thread - I grabbed these to replace 1 dead and 2 aging Radions. If I had know that they would be this finicky I would have opted for new Radions. Other folks here may have a different perspective and/or be perfectly happy given their use case and expectations.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 34 55.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 8.2%
Back