Status
Not open for further replies.

Utubereefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see a lot of members on here use these lights. Definitely thinking about grabbing one!
Stealing Mike D GIF by Beastie Boys

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see a lot of members on here use these lights. Definitely thinking about grabbing one!
Stealing Mike D GIF by Beastie Boys
They’re really pretty great. Definitely don’t have all the bells and whistles of some of the high end lights, but the quality of the actual lighting is excellent.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It definitely looks like it’s time for an update
The lights would be fantastic if they made thier controller better quality or made the lights Bluetooth. Controller is beyond awful

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it’s a don’t buy?
I would love to tell you yes. Great shimmer will grow anything.

In the last month I've lost programming to the lights 2 times. Controller freezes constantly, hard reset and controller may or may not come back online. May take a couple unplug and plug back in to get to restart.
They sent an update that I installed and same issues.
With controller the way it is, its something I can't recommend.
The lights themselves are amazing its all in the controller.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can handle a sub par controller these lights are amazing.
So does the controller effect the lights once programmed? Personally I think the reefbreeders controller is bad but I love their lights. Once I set them up I've never touched the controller. Looked at it the other day and it was actually out of juice so I would have to recharge it to use it. If you are like me and set it up and never touch it again is it a bad deal? I was thinking about getting a couple of these for a frag tank I plan to setup next year.

These lights are about my only option for the frag tank other than a black box. There is no way I'm paying more for the lights than I did for the tank/stand.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So does the controller effect the lights once programmed? Personally I think the reefbreeders controller is bad but I love their lights. Once I set them up I've never touched the controller. Looked at it the other day and it was actually out of juice so I would have to recharge it to use it. If you are like me and set it up and never touch it again is it a bad deal? I was thinking about getting a couple of these for a frag tank I plan to setup next year.

These lights are about my only option for the frag tank other than a black box. There is no way I'm paying more for the lights than I did for the tank/stand.
Once it is programed it should stay. I've had it unprogram once with out me trying to adjust the lights. Today was the second and I was checking percentages.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

These lights are about my only option for the frag tank other than a black box. There is no way I'm paying more for the lights than I did for the
The lights themselves are fantastic.

OP
OP
noopsyche

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The lights themselves are fantastic.
Your controller is an old/wrong program and need to updated,But you don’t have an suitable SD card to download the program to upgrade.So I had resend you a new controller and hope you will like it.;) Everyone else’s controller is good

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you looking for a quality light with a good price point...I highly suggest you give these lights a try. I have them on my tank for which I replaced my G5 Radion Xr15s. Very happy with how my tank has responded. Highly suggest you give these a try. Good price, Great Lights, Happy Reefer!!

Merry Christmas everyone!!

OP
OP
noopsyche

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This classified ad has expired and has been removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back