NoPox Dosing

Michael Hull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Wanted to get a little feedback on my parameters and dosing.

I've had my Red Sea S500 (500L) set up for a little over one year now. Mixed Reef. Most corals seem to be doing well, particularly LPS, but my few SPS frags are... meh. Could be better. Many rocks have small pockets of hair algae despite a lot of flow. I have a high bio-load so feed somewhat heavy, and have a skimmer that does well, and a Chaeto-reactor that has been marginally productive so far.

Alk at 8.6-8.7 dosing 50mL BRS two-part, and Calcium at 425-435 dosing 50mL two-part.

I'm feeding with Reef Energy AB+ now, 20mL daily with pumps off. Most corals seem to like it but I don't see huge feeding responses like I've seen in some videos.

My most recent water tests of Nitrate and Phosphate, yesterday, had Nitrates of 8-10ppm (Red Sea Pro), and Phosphates of 0.12.

I had some NOPOx that I had yet to start using, and have dosed now two days, with 8mL yesterday and today. No noticeable changes yet, and I haven't retested as it says to wait a week.

Curious though, how do I know if my NO3 and PO4 are "in balance" and is there anything I should have done prior to starting NOPOx. How does my amount of dose sound for my size tank (based on the 2mL per 100L). Would my phosphate level be considered HIGH for SPS? I believe it would, and probably would be contributing to SPS performance and algae, from what I read.

Thanks in advance for reading and responding!

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't answer on the nopox but you wanna aim for .05 or under phosphates and nitrates under 10 .

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 42 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back