Nopox overdose

Rockhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I’m said to be asking this. My tank is almost a year old and I was working all weekend, my wife had my nieces over for a sleep over and the 3 year old was able to get into my sump room and manage to dump the rest of the bottle of nopox into the sump close to 500 ml . Needless to say 60-70% of my sps are white and the room smells like nopox. Is there anything I can do besides water changes? I’ve done 20 gal water so far.

Thanks Tom

OP
OP
Rockhead

Rockhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So answering my own ? I searched nopox and the common thing I read was water movement, carbon , water changes and UV all of that is being done also so I guess it’s kinda a waiting game for now.

OP
OP
Rockhead

Rockhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without knowing your tank size, I would simply suggest more water changes. A lot more. Probably upwards of 50%. And your protein skimmer is probably going to be going insane in the interim.
Skimmer is doing fine but is filling faster then usual. Tank is 108 gal and sump is 80 gal. Now need to keep all liquids up high and out of reach or maybe I’ll install a lock on the door to prevent this from happening again.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may want too hook up a drain hose to your skimmer if you have that option so you can keep it running constantly. Carbon will help a bit - not sure about the UV. NOPOX can also really depress your oxygen levels, so I’d probably bump up the flow on any wavemakers.

OP
OP
Rockhead

Rockhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My want to add this as well I also run ozone on the tank Do you think this could hurt or benefit my situation?

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use ozone occasionally, but sorry I do not know if it would help or hurt your situation. I would stop using it until you find out from someone who has more experience.

OP
OP
Rockhead

Rockhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a little update, tank seems to be doing well 30 gal total water change skimmer is skimming really wet and have drain tube in a bucket. Water was pretty clear yesterday when lights came on but clouded up as the day went on.
I think things should be ok I’ll do another water change this weekend. Also adding neophos and neonitro to get my nutrients back up a little everything near 0

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a little update, tank seems to be doing well 30 gal total water change skimmer is skimming really wet and have drain tube in a bucket. Water was pretty clear yesterday when lights came on but clouded up as the day went on.
I think things should be ok I’ll do another water change this weekend. Also adding neophos and neonitro to get my nutrients back up a little everything near 0
Be mindful of your salinity if your skimmer drains like that, measure the salinity and top up with saltwater now and then instead of just letting the ato replace the skimmate with rodi

OP
OP
Rockhead

Rockhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be mindful of your salinity if your skimmer drains like that, measure the salinity and top up with saltwater now and then instead of just letting the ato replace the skimmate with rodi
Very good point thank you

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 32 56.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 8.8%
Back