NoPox

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not use nopox in a 10 gallon for these reasons:

Nopox is a bacterial carbon source used to rapidly grow bacteria that can then be removed by a skimmer (preferably a wet skim) in order to lower nitrates and phosphates). This is handy as many people who have larger tanks would need massive amounts of water to change out in order to effectively lower nitrates and phosphates. In a 10 gallon, you can lower the nitrates and phosphates with significantly less water. Hypothetically, a 5g change will decrease those numbers in half in a 10g, while adding back good elements. Since a 10g has so little water, it would be so much more beneficial to simply change out the water than to do nopox. If you are having an algae problem, consider running some sort of phosphate media in a HOB filter if you have one.

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@FishBot what are your nitrate / phosphate levels and what are you trying to do with NoPox? NoPox is powerful stuff. I use 6 ml / day on my 120 which is about 50-60% of their recommended level, and it’s keeping my nitrates below 10 but phosphates are zero (which is bugging me)

Honestly I’m with @Spare time if you can manage through water changes I would do that.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back