Sudden behavior change

10galtank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, all

My foxface just passed randomly. He was the most energetic and friendly fish I’ve owned, yet within the course of not even a full day after owning him for a year, he passed. There has been no changes to the tank to induce stress or fear, HOWEVER, I did dose NOPOX. Could this be a possibility? First time ever dosing it. I cannot fathom how this could cause death, but just a coincidence? On top of this, my two clownfish are hiding and acting very strange. Female is in her cave and refusing to come out, and the male is in the corner at the top swimming oddly. Both are refusing to eat. They were all best buds, inseparable from one another and did everything as a group. Could the death of the foxface cause the stress in my clownfish? These are the only fish in my tank so I know that nothing was bullying him or them. I moved the male clownfish to a separate tank for the time being.

I would really like to possibly get this figured out so if something is wrong, I can move both my fish to a new tank as a result of NOPOX.

Thoughts please,
Thank you

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any recent additions to the tank? What are you feeding?

OP
OP

10galtank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any recent additions to the tank? What are you feeding?
No recent additions. I feed mysis shrimp as he refused to eat the nori I put in my tanks. Thus leading to the nori breaking down and causing nutrient spikes.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd recommend adding a bunch more to your diet rotation. TDO pellets, spirulina brine, and 1 or 2 other frozen options available to you.

OP
OP

10galtank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd recommend adding a bunch more to your diet rotation. TDO pellets, spirulina brine, and 1 or 2 other frozen options available to you.
I used to feed brine but they are nothing but treats essentially. I soak all foods in aminos for extra nutrition bc they absolutely refuse any other food.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 102 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back