NORI

  • Thread starter Thread starter Freenow54
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Freenow54

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 5, 2021
Messages
7,581
Reaction score
6,054
Location
Ontario Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have experienced something new as to Nori. Is it just a coincidence that when I fed a brand name Nori to my piggly wiggly Tang it was the last thing it ate. When I switched to what I will call a no name brand from my LFS it Goes for it an d rips into it Like it did when I first got it. This has been around for over a year in a sealed package. The brand name as well. Or would their be other factors. I am still using the original flake food and pellets as always
 
I have experienced something new as to Nori. Is it just a coincidence that when I fed a brand name Nori to my piggly wiggly Tang it was the last thing it ate. When I switched to what I will call a no name brand from my LFS it Goes for it an d rips into it Like it did when I first got it. This has been around for over a year in a sealed package. The brand name as well. Or would their be other factors. I am still using the original flake food and pellets as always
I'm not good at this stuff, but I don't understand what you are asking. Also, what is a piggly wiggly Tang?🤣
 
I'm not good at this stuff, but I don't understand what you are asking. Also, what is a piggly wiggly Tang?🤣
Piggly Wiggly is a fictious? Grocery Store from the movie Driving Miss Daisy. I only used the phrase because my Tang tries to eat everything in site and chases the others fish away but ignores the nori until that's all that's left
 
Piggly Wiggly is a fictious? Grocery Store from the movie Driving Miss Daisy. I only used the phrase because my Tang tries to eat everything in site and chases the others fish away but ignores the nori until that's all that's left
Oh I see. Are you feeding it different kinds of Nori? What do you have? I don't have any tangs, but after lot of my own research from trying to get my own tangs, I learned that different tang individuals regardless of species prefer certain Nori types (green, red, purple, brown) and experimenting with different varieties is important for getting tangs to eat as they should; therefore if your tang doesn't show very much interest in the food it is provided, you should try and change it and see if that helps.
 
Oh I see. Are you feeding it different kinds of Nori? What do you have? I don't have any tangs, but after lot of my own research from trying to get my own tangs, I learned that different tang individuals regardless of species prefer certain Nori types (green, red, purple, brown) and experimenting with different varieties is important for getting tangs to eat as they should; therefore if your tang doesn't show very much interest in the food it is provided, you should try and change it and see if that helps.
Please read post through, but for the record Green . The Original was fine at first. a different batch from same manufacturer was not, Now this Generic it tears it up. Just wondering why if anyone knows
 
Please read post through, but for the record Green . The Original was fine at first. a different batch from same manufacturer was not, Now this Generic it tears it up. Just wondering why if anyone knows
Oh I'm sorry. I don't know then. Like I said earlier I couldn't really understand what you were asking. Good luck.
 
I can’t answer your question, but for years I only used green and purple two little fishies brand. It’s great stuff… but last year I switched to some Amazon stuff with 5x the nori and less than the cost of one of the name brand. The fish still tear into it and love it.

I guess I’m of the opinion that it’s all the same but maybe in your case it’s just got some kind of different taste and therefore a new food your tang likes?
 
I can’t answer your question, but for years I only used green and purple two little fishies brand. It’s great stuff… but last year I switched to some Amazon stuff with 5x the nori and less than the cost of one of the name brand. The fish still tear into it and love it.

I guess I’m of the opinion that it’s all the same but maybe in your case it’s just got some kind of different taste and therefore a new food your tang likes?
Was Hoping for more of an idea but seems no one interested. I cant believe the aggression to get at the new stuff.
Bump
 
Was Hoping for more of an idea but seems no one interested. I cant believe the aggression to get at the new stuff.
Bump
I’ve read your posts several times but still confused. Can you be more clear? Honestly no “aggression” here but what is your question in simple terms?
 
I’ve read your posts several times but still confused. Can you be more clear? Honestly no “aggression” here but what is your question in simple terms?
Have a Tang. Changed brand of Nori. Tang did not like original type goes crazy to eat the new brand
 
Have a Tang. Changed brand of Nori. Tang did not like original type goes crazy to eat the new brand
Got it - thanks, much better! Sorry, my attention span is that of a 5yo. :(

Sorry - no explanation that I’m aware of. Mine does that from time to time when I switched food as well. However, when one sees others eat, it will eat. However, I have many tangs & angels - herd mentality.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new