Normal Duncan Look

  • Thread starter Thread starter waterboys
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

waterboys

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 30, 2022
Messages
580
Reaction score
570
Location
Fort Thomas
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious as this is my first Duncan (mostly Zoas). Is this normal? It appears healthy but I’m unsure if it’s stretching for something being this “open” (practically folding down itself). It’s been doing it a lot since adding it a little more than 3 weeks ago.

Tank is a year old. Parameters that I can track listed below pulled Monday.

Temp - 78
Salinity - 1.025
pH - 8.4
Alk - 9.1
Cal - 400
Mag - 1180
Nitrate - 2
Pho - .13

IMG_4599.jpeg
 
Last edited:
looks good to me. How is the flow? They like some flow. I would also suggest to get it onto a rock, off the sand.
 
looks good to me. How is the flow? They like some flow. I would also suggest to get it onto a rock, off the sand.
Flow should be good (if not too much at times). Small Tunze on the left and slightly smaller Tunze on the right. Alternate and on together some times. Always have at least one on. I’ll move it to a permanent rock eventually just not sure where yet. Right now just sitting in a “frag rock base” to keep it physically off the sand.

Thanks.
 
I have a colony about 70+ heads. They like the light. I have them in the mid top portion of my tank. 250 par. I wouldn't put it that close to the sand. Mine like a nice flow. Stronger than my hammers get but nothing crazy and they love mysis shrimp feedings
 
Mine are actually on bottom. But they get good light and flow. And yeah, they love mysis.
 
I have a colony about 70+ heads. They like the light. I have them in the mid top portion of my tank. 250 par. I wouldn't put it that close to the sand. Mine like a nice flow. Stronger than my hammers get but nothing crazy and they love mysis shrimp feedings
I’ll have to get some mysis. I think what I’ve been broadcasting is brine.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new