Normal for one queen to hog more than one nem?

ryarnall3772

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 2, 2015
Messages
59
Reaction score
35
Location
Downingtown, pa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20151118_071409_001.jpg
20151118_071409_001.jpg
VZM.IMG_20160405_124330.jpg
So..I have five clowns altogether..two fire clowns m/f pair and three other nemos..the female fire clown is the queen b***h..she hosted with my rbta very soon after I added the clowns..since then I bought and or adopted the three other clowns..a week ago I added a green lt nem in hopes that maybe the other clowns would host..since then my queen bounces between both nems..Normal?..planning on getting a third nem anyway..just curious
 
I have a pair of Picasso clown fish, and they bounce back and forth between all 4 of my RBTAs. They prefer my biggest RBTA, but they have no problem making the rounds. I think the behavior is quite normal.
 
I have multiple nems, all my clowns go between all the anemones all day long. I've never had a fire clown, but from what I've read, they're mean. Adding some Percy's or occ to live with them might be like putting 2 male betas in a fish bowl. I don't know anything about you or your system, but you may have trouble keeping them together no matter how many nems you give them. Best of luck, those fire clowns can have some really nice color to them.
 
Yea it is normal for them to hog and bully other types of clowns away. They did that in my tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new