North Alabama reef meeting

Avis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we all need to get together again to swap frags and equipment, one member wants to demo a algae scrubber DIY. We can use the body shop office again or anywhere we can swap frags, what date sounds good to you guys?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ChrisKey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sundays are best for me and I could probably meet any Sunday after 1pm. Saturdays would be hit or miss depending on football games.

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just the opposite of Chris. Sundays are for family gatherings and NASCAR! Saturdays are good for me.

Last edited:

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We can shoot for a saturday when your favorite team is not playing.
College football games presented challenges for club meetings in the past when we used to meet every month, but we managed to have meetings. I recall we started early and had a lunch together. When we did that once in Florence many years ago, people left like bats out of hell right after the meeting to be home in time for the Alabama game.

TrishW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes! I will attend whenever you decide to have it. I don't watch football or Nascar. :)

ChrisKey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about next Saturday, October 19th? We can do lunch again or maybe some pot luck snacks/sides around lunch time.

TrishW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about next Saturday, October 19th? We can do lunch again or maybe some pot luck snacks/sides around lunch time.

Way to pull the trigger, Chris.

I actually have a house this time so I can bring something other than stuff from Walmart's deli. :)

ps - are you going to the FB group meeting this Sunday?

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am fine with 19th or any other dates in October.
If Avis doesn't mind hosting us again in the shop, that will be great. A demo of a DIY algae scrubber and trading of frags can get a bit messy and I don't think any other shops or restaurants will appreciate that.
If we were to bring food to share, we need to get head counts and find out who is bringing what so we don't have too much of the same things.

By the way, speaking of trading frags, I am looking for a pink pompom xenia. After ousting them out of my 180, I am missing the pretty pink color of the good ol' pink pompom/pulsing xenia.

ChrisKey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should have some good big ones for you. I am moving them to another tank so I hope they stay big and healthy, but I will see how they do and bring them.

ChrisKey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing in particular. Maybe some zoas or palys, but I wouldn't mind a snip of an SPS. I am down for just about anything.

I plan to bring a few things to trade including zoas, toadstool leathers and some other stuff.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back