North Louisiana Meet and Frag Swap

marvelousone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To All around North Louisiana. We are having a Meet and Frag Swap.

Date: Saturday, May 25th
Time: 2-4pm
Place: Jason's Deli
5808 Line Ave
Shreveport, LA 71106

If you have frags you would line to sell or trade, please bring them with you. You can also post pics of them on this thread to gauge interest.there will be a frag tank if needed. No one is required to eat. Bring family and have a good time.

Bayoureef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in. I have a lot of BTAs. Red, red and green, and orange and green. Lots of green with purple tip frog,spawn.

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, wonder if I can make it. Not to far for me to drive but I need to schedule around work.

I'm in. I have a lot of BTAs. Red, red and green, and orange and green. Lots of green with purple tip frog,spawn.

We need to meet up. :) I've been looking for some BTAs around my area.

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How large of an area does LARC cover? We have a local club here in East Texas. If we could get together we could work on a big meeting sometime down the road.

And I signed up for the LARC site. Tell that guy that won the POTM to enter that pic in this months POTM contest here. Lol

OP
OP
marvelousone

marvelousone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's the whole state. We are hoping to get something going up north.

Last edited:

bullet reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're excited about the future for our Northern group! Our first meeting will be mostly just getting to meet and know each other and talking with the group about future meetings etc. We encourage everyone to bring frags to sell or trade and we will have a raffle with some nice stuff as well.

We have already been talking with some well known people in the hobby about being guest speakers at future meetings and have also been talking about doing some sort of frag and equipment swap, too. The more of us that show up, there better it will make it for our group! So I hope everyone can come on out on the 25th! It's gonna be great!

Ritter - where in East Texas do y'all meet? When we do a big event like a swap meet, it would be awesome if your club wanted to join us and team up!

Oh, and I'm not sure if you knew, but the theme for the LARC POTM this month was 'April Fools' so Photoshop was highly encouraged. Lol

How large of an area does LARC cover? We have a local club here in East Texas. If we could get together we could work on a big meeting sometime down the road.

And I signed up for the LARC site. Tell that guy that won the POTM to enter that pic in this months POTM contest here. Lol

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're excited about the future for our Northern group! Our first meeting will be mostly just getting to meet and know each other and talking with the group about future meetings etc. We encourage everyone to bring frags to sell or trade and we will have a raffle with some nice stuff as well.

We have already been talking with some well known people in the hobby about being guest speakers at future meetings and have also been talking about doing some sort of frag and equipment swap, too. The more of us that show up, there better it will make it for our group! So I hope everyone can come on out on the 25th! It's gonna be great!

Ritter - where in East Texas do y'all meet? When we do a big event like a swap meet, it would be awesome if your club wanted to join us and team up!

Oh, and I'm not sure if you knew, but the theme for the LARC POTM this month was 'April Fools' so Photoshop was highly encouraged. Lol

I'm in Marshall. I work in Longview. I can get to LA just as quick as can get to work everyday. There are a couple others here in Marshall too. There is a bigger, hard core group in Longview and Tyler area with more scattered here and there in the smaller towns.

Last meeting we had 15 or so show up. We've lost a few really hard core reef keepers in the past year that relocated for work or got out for other reasons. It was strong for a year or 2 but has slacked off for a while. Seems to be coming back a bit now though.

If I could get a few to come to your meeting we can get a good group going I think. It's hard to get a good time that a lot of members can come at once because of work and other responsibilities.

OP
OP
marvelousone

marvelousone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Marshall. I work in Longview. I can get to LA just as quick as can get to work everyday. There are a couple others here in Marshall too. There is a bigger, hard core group in Longview and Tyler area with more scattered here and there in the smaller towns.

Last meeting we had 15 or so show up. We've lost a few really hard core reef keepers in the past year that relocated for work or got out for other reasons. It was strong for a year or 2 but has slacked off for a while. Seems to be coming back a bit now though.

If I could get a few to come to your meeting we can get a good group going I think. It's hard to get a good time that a lot of members can come at once because of work and other responsibilities.
That would be great if they could come. I would be up to come to longview. I think we will have a good turn out.

bullet reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That sounds great! I think we're gonna have a great turn out- especially for a first meeting! We have a pretty good group of us here in Shreveport/Bossier and then there are several from Monroe and a few others scattered around. I haven't been here too long and moved from Southern California where I typically spent 2 or 3 weekends a month at reef club meetings or events. I miss it so much and am looking very forward to having something here to feed my addiction ;)

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be great if they could come. I would be up to come to longview. I think we will have a good turn out.

I posted on our local forum about this meeting. It takes a bit to get these guys going sometimes. If you mention frags and such they get wound up though. :)

Here's the local club forum if you guys want to post anything there or talk about meeting, swapping or whatever.

Etakc.com

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've had some dealings with the Shreveport crew but I was surprised there wasn't more activity. I'm glad to see you guys excited about it.

There are some Arkansas people around too I'd like to get a whole ARKLATEX group together if we can.

OP
OP
marvelousone

marvelousone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've had some dealings with the Shreveport crew but I was surprised there wasn't more activity. I'm glad to see you guys excited about it.

There are some Arkansas people around too I'd like to get a whole ARKLATEX group together if we can.
That's what I'm talking about.

bullet reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted on our local forum about this meeting. It takes a bit to get these guys going sometimes. If you mention frags and such they get wound up though. :)

Here's the local club forum if you guys want to post anything there or talk about meeting, swapping or whatever.

Etakc.com

Thanks for posting it and for the info!

That's exactly what I've been saying! :D
I was surprised, too, but I'm setting much more activity in our future! ;)

bullet reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting a shipment from Coral Obsessions in CA. Just thought I'd post to see if anybody else wanted anything from them and we could share shipping. They carry all types of corals but really kinda specialize in zoas and palys and have everything from common to very high end. They have a website if you're interested in looking at what they have and if you don't see something you want or it says it's out of stock we can ask them about it cuz I'm not sure how often they update the site...

I'm in Shreveport and can bring the frags with me to the meet on May 25th at Jason's Deli or you can pick up from my home. You will either need to pay them directly or PayPal me ahead of time and I will then pay them.

Their website is:
http://www.coralobsessions.com/

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 71 30.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 67 28.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 50 21.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 47 19.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.8%
Back