Not around to feed your tank, not a problem. Enter Neptune's AFS | BRStv Spotlight

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a treat for you. Another day of BRStv!

Today we highlight the Neptune AFS, which is one of the BRS team's favorite auto feeders and one that we use on several tanks throughout the office. :)

TLeTourneau

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great video, one question though. How do you use Reef Chili effectively with the AFS? The instructions say the Reef Chili should be shaken vigorously for 30 seconds to mix.

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great video, one question though. How do you use Reef Chili effectively with the AFS? The instructions say the Reef Chili should be shaken vigorously for 30 seconds to mix.

On the BRS160 we put the dry powder directly into the feeder and had it drop into a feeding ring. The powder will dissolve slowly over time into the tank. :)

TLeTourneau

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the BRS160 we put the dry powder directly into the feeder and had it drop into a feeding ring. The powder will dissolve slowly over time into the tank. :)

Thanks for the clarification Randy, that helps. I think the shake vigorously for 30 seconds is what concerned me.

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the clarification Randy, that helps. I think the shake vigorously for 30 seconds is what concerned me.

Oh, I can see how that may be a little confusing. That really only applies after you've mixed the Reef Chili in the feeding jar with water. If you're just dosing the powder, no need to shake. :)

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the idea of the AFF. I thought there where mixed reviews on this, as it tended to over feed? even with dailing it down... hmm maybe a poll is in order here. be so nice to know if I cant make it home to feed with a push of a button...

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 102 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back