Not bad growth for a year...

  • Thread starter Thread starter wrfreeman
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

wrfreeman

Wade
View Badges
Joined
Sep 23, 2013
Messages
405
Reaction score
68
Location
Blountville, TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
15 months growth. Not too shabby! I need to frag this baby down a bit, but am not exactly sure how to go about it. I guess I just use the bone cutters to snip the lower branches and then snip off the bare stem that's left over. Sound about right?
birdsnest 4_28_14.jpg
birdsnest 7_25_15.jpg
 
when mine get that big i just clip off a nice frag of it, make sure it heals and is all good. then bring the large chunk to the LFS for trade in. I've done it a couple times and have been satisfied trading for other SPS.. those birdsnest grow so fast when they are taken care of. Good job !
 
Never thought of trading it at a LFS. I wonder if the Coral Reef would be receptive to trades? They'd be closer than Knoxville. I've got a couple of places close to me, but they don't have much in the way of SPS.
 
Wade ,Amy use to give store credit before they moved give her a call i'd say they still do.
 
Wade

What a problem -- corals that grow too fast, especially those that are not considered a nuisance.

;)

Eddie N
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new