OP
OP
esquare

esquare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really nice but I know how expensive this stuff is commercially. I hope you made your own like I did from screen making material from a hardware store literally saved lots of $$$$
You said it! I have seen the prices of the custom mesh tops, wow!

I made this mesh top myself using the D-D Jumpguard system. A little more expensive than screen making material (which I have used on other tanks) but the D-D rails have a lip on them which means I don't have to use clips to get it to work on my rimless tank so it makes the price difference pretty close.

OP
OP
esquare

esquare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received a Yellow Watchman Goby from Biota to replace the one that went carpet surfing while I was modifying my mesh top. I also got a Lemonpeel Angelfish to help with my hair algae. I have been quarantining and pre-medicating with copper and Prazipro but I feel like medicating these 2 isn't necessary as they are captive bred from Biota so I plan on just qt'ing with observation for a month then moving them to the DT.
20240504_061016.jpg

20240504_0617142.jpg

OP
OP
esquare

esquare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the build and progress so far!

Especially jealous of the sump room, and how clean the install of all the boards is.
Thank you very much. I've been planning this build for a long time.

Haven't posted much lately as I am battling hair algae. I tried to get my non-existent nutrients up and, of course that blew up in my face.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 50 59.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.8%

Back