Not seeing a ph bump using 5500ml of kalk

DudeReefer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 15, 2022
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
greenwood
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My ph is at 8.1 during the day and 7.88 at night dosing 5500ml(3.8ml a minute)of kalk from an avast marine kalk reactor. Before I used kalk I was at 7.8 low at night. I am also using the same amount of Red Sea nopox(8ml a day). Is there any reason why I am most seeing a bigger ph bump? I am only using kalk to keep my dkh at 9. Everything in the tank is happy. Just wondering why ph is still suppress. According to calculations I should see a .3-.6 bump in ph in my 180 gallon.
 
More than likely you need to decrease co2 in your system. I bought a co2 air monitor for $40.
The co2 in my house was around 700 at night.
Small house two people and 3 large dogs.
I was able to lower co2 by cracklings window open that is a couple a feet away from my tank.
I had the same ph numbers as you pretty much.
After cracking the window my ph is now a low of 8.2 and high of 8.5.
 
Nopox is carbon dosing and will drop your pH. Try stopping Nopox for a night and see if that helps. Then you need to dose Nopox in the daytime to prevent it from affecting pH at night.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new