Not sure how to dose additional iodine and magnanese (already dosing trace elements)

Faulkner’s maze

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I recently got back the results from an ATI ICP test. On the whole everything looked good except for the recommendations attached. I am already dosing in TM’s trace elements between all for reef and bacto balance. I can’t really increase either solution as the alk/Ca/MG is pretty dialed in and the no3/PO4 was good until my rollermat went down for the time being.

Question is -do I simply dose additional trace elements then? I am out of outlets and dosers?

Is there something I could feed? 1.3 gallon water change everyday? I am using NSW on a 64 gallon system.

Any suggestions welcome.

TIA
IMG_0193.png

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose either lugols or straight povidone iodine, like from walgreens first aid section. Couple drops every other week or so as long as you are measuring does the trick in the display. Works great as a dose for iodine as well as a dip for injured corals. I dropped my hammer when it was little, it busted in half and most of the heads had skeletal punctures. Dipped in tank water with a squirt of povidone iodine for a minute and it mended up nicely :)

I have never dosed manganese though, but they do make a single element to dose. Were it me i would keep dosing the elements as you have been and just bump the 2 missing. Others may have better insights here, but i would probably do a couple water changes and not worry about the manganese.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back