Not sure if new lens is right

Reflective

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
355
Reaction score
63
Location
San Diego
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my dad got me a new camera lens to try to take photos of my coral, but I'm not sure it's the right one for taking those close up kind of shots everyone drools over?
Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Standard Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras - White Box
I still can't seem to get REALLY close to the subject, and when I import it and view it at full size the photos seem grainy.
If I just need more practice, that's fine, I just don't want to be spending a lot of time trying to get photos that I would never be able to get with the wrong lens.
 
try a macro lens or a reverse adapter that lets your reverse your lens to convert any lens into a macro.
 
This does say macro on it but I think that's because it has a macro range, not sure if that's different than something like
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Fixed Lens for Canon SLR Cameras.

I did try a reverse adapter and if something wasn't right up against the glass, I couldn't get it to focus and all my stuff is at least 6-8" back .
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new