Not too sure what this one is....

Aquatic Gardener

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 25, 2012
Messages
71
Reaction score
1
Location
Atlanta
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
photo2-29.jpg


Is it a form of algae? They seem to grow, and there is about 4-6 of them around the tank.
 
Looks like neomeris annulata. Also known as mermaid fingers. Harmless for the most part. Hth.
 
ne3uqudy.jpg
I think i have a couple of them growing in my fuge. Kinda looks like my mystery grower. I was wondering the same thing...


Mike :)
 

Attachments

  • uploadfromtaptalk1354120808354.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354120808354.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
Looks like neomeris annulata. Also known as mermaid fingers. Harmless for the most part. Hth.

+1. I have a few sprigs of that in my tank and they seem to come and go on their own without being a problem.
 
I have a bunch of these in my display as well. They were the first things to grow in my tank! So glad to finally have a name for them.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
 
Mine only show up when I dont have fish in the tank, im guessing my tangs like them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new