Nothing special

kodiak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just thought I'd share, I got 2 polyps of these 4 months ago and now have 20+ polyps. Do you ever wonder why free polyps like these grow so fast and ones you spend big money on grow so slow?!?

zoa.jpg

Hyprviperx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hilarious.... i have the same looking (but noname) zoas that started as just 2 polyps on the side of a frag plug of monti. now i have close to 30 polyps and they have completely eclipsed the monti... you are soooo right on that

ReeFreshing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cheaper they are the faster they grow...or should i say, the faster they grow the cheaper they are!! If zoas/ palys such as utter chaos and hornets grew fast, then everyone and their mother would have them and it would probably dirt cheap, not $50-$100/pp like they are now!

Reefreshing

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The camo one's were always the burden growers for me, just took over. But i agree the nice one's take forever to grow! That being said the rastas and nightmare's grow like the camo's and i think there both fantastic! JF God of War.....now that one its a SLOW grower! But totally worth having as its gorgeous.

OP
OP
kodiak

kodiak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, my utter chaos went from 2 to 5 polyps in 3 months, but haven't seen a new poylp in about a month. Just waiting, but enjoying them as they very slowly do their thing. Also, I got 3 polyps of Red Hornets exactly 2 months ago today and just counted them and their are now 17 polyps, but all are so so small. I'm thinking some frags are ready to produce when you get them.

ReeFreshing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought my UC about 5months ago, originally 3 polyps, and now I have a whooping 6! Sighhhh!!! But if u had hornets multiply to 17! That's really good IMHO! I guess it's the luck of the draw sometimes! Maybe u had tiny baby polyps that were hidden at time of purchase! I know, when I bought my japanese DW zoa, I could only see 5polyps on the frag... Paid for 5, got it home under my MH lights and saw 9... 4 free baby polyps! That was a big WIN in my book! Lol

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang kodiac... I want some of those bloody red colored ones!

AOG are pretty cheap, but at least they look good.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 33 19.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 129 75.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.5%
Back