Nudi?

IIDRYWATERII

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 17, 2021
Messages
446
Reaction score
91
Location
yorkshire
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a Nudi? Good guy?

87B45916-E574-44BD-A944-73A3D432915A.jpeg BB252192-CE5A-4758-A4B0-C8630AA7A0C0.jpeg
 
Looks more like Elysia Sp.
 
Looks more like Elysia Sp.
+1 - possibly Elysia obtusa or Elysia flava, but I'm not certain.
+1
From one of my other posts:
Looks like a harmless Elysia slug, which is not a nudibranch but still a type of sea slug. These will suck the “sap” out of some green algae and steal their chloroplasts to photosynthesize. I once had one that ate Codium, but ReefCleaners says they will also feed on Ulva, Penicillus, and hair algae. Be careful to make sure your pumps and inlets are protected to prevent the slug from being sucked up.
Elysia obtusa:
1659902597609.jpeg


Elysia viridis:
1659902515865.jpeg
 
+1
From one of my other posts:
Looks like a harmless Elysia slug, which is not a nudibranch but still a type of sea slug. These will suck the “sap” out of some green algae and steal their chloroplasts to photosynthesize. I once had one that ate Codium, but ReefCleaners says they will also feed on Ulva, Penicillus, and hair algae. Be careful to make sure your pumps and inlets are protected to prevent the slug from being sucked up.
I had a Elysia hedgpethi which is very similar to your viridis. Not really made for the surge tank... It would get picked up by the flow and be blown across the tank. My favorite was a Taylor which I grew from a dot to 3/4 of an inch. I have had 4 slugs and Nudi's that came in on seaweed and kelp. I made a little 3 gallon just for any new ones that come in... haven't had one since:angry-face:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new