Nudibranch care

WhitePanther93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 24, 2019
Messages
1,642
Reaction score
1,332
Location
Williamstown NJ
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At my lfs and came across this guy:
image.jpg

It’s listed a a tricolor sea slug. Any idea for care requirements?
 
Great reference site, but in this case, I believe the nudibranch photographed is actually mislabeled as the Tricolor. From what I can see it's actually either Chromodoris elisabethina or Chromodoris annae.
Either way, these guys would be incredibly difficult to feed, as C. elisabethina feeds on specific sponges, and C. annae feeds on specific sponges and ascidians (tunicates).
http://www.seaslugforum.net/showall/chroelis"C. elisabethina is one of a group of black-lined species which feed on both orange-red sponges of the genus Negombata and blackish or brownish species of the family Thorectidae. I can't be sure if the animal in the upper photo has been eating the orange-red sponge, because there are other sponges present in your photo as well, but I can definitely agree the animal in the other photo has been feeding on the pale brownish sponge which I am pretty sure is a species of thorectid. It is certainly suggestive that the nudibranch with the pale watery orange colour in the mantle is eating a sponge without any red-orange colouration. We don't have enough photos of this animal on their food to see if there is any correlation between animals with bright orange colouration and orange-red sponges but it would be worth looking out for."
http://www.seaslugforum.net/find/chroannaThis one has links at the bottom with discussions of various foods it eats, but it's not all in one nice paragraph like I quoted above.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new