Nudibranch chopped.

4n2xtacy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My world's favorite Nudibranch (regal sea godess) just found his way into the wavemaker and got chopped. I see my corals all closing up,they seem to be eating the pieces.
Are Nudibranchs poisonous, how bad is the negative effect to be expected, if any?
For the first time ever I dont have any ro/di water on standby, I started making some this morning but so far I have less than 5gal less so I cant do water change until later. I had just done water change in both my salt and freshwater tank.
So far though everyone seem to be carrying along like nothing happened.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My world's favorite Nudibranch (regal sea godess) just found his way into the wavemaker and got chopped. I see my corals all closing up,they seem to be eating the pieces.
Are Nudibranchs poisonous, how bad is the negative effect to be expected, if any?
For the first time ever I dont have any ro/di water on standby, I started making some this morning but so far I have less than 5gal less so I cant do water change until later. I had just done water change in both my salt and freshwater tank.
So far though everyone seem to be carrying along like nothing happened.

Some can be toxic and others not. Not knowing if the one you had was, I would treat it as if it was.

Water change and GAC are your friend.

Sorry for your loss.

OP
OP
4n2xtacy

4n2xtacy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was the one I had. She was a regal sea goddess. I am gonna do a 40% water change as soon as my ro/di is ready. Thanks guys.
fc3c4c44e28e6a5057a5ecb605903e92.jpg
e07d84e4c1e5f43b94abfb495e77e89a.jpg

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back