Nudibranchs...

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 7, 2016
Messages
2,318
Reaction score
4,585
Location
West Monroe, LA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen some really awesome looking nudis online... The bad thing is that most of them feed on zoas and such. Are there any cool and colorful nudis that aren't considered pests? Are there any that are reef safe that can be kept with only moderate care level and no finicky diet requirements?

I mean look at these things, they're fascinating...

nudibranch_orange_spots.png

tumblr_inline_oa0417IZvC1te25u3_1280.jpg

289545-istock-nudibrach-yellow-white-black.jpg
 
Nudibranch are indeed beautiful and fascinating, but very diet specific and once they consume all of their food source they starve. Most Nudibranch are short lived, unfortunately.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new