Nutramar Ova

YellowFinsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know why this product is no longer in stock or needing to be backordered? I don't need the product immediately and have alternatives to feed finicky fish, but would like to get back on using nutramar ova.

Currently, the fish I'm feeding in the grow out tank are: red tail tamarin, new guinea tamarin, geographic tamarin, blue spotted tamarin, leopards, radiants, and mandarins.

jefra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed this recently myself when I went to buy some from DFS. No clue why it's back-ordered at the moment but am also curious.

Orm Embar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LRS has a frozen egg product that elicits a really strong feeding reaction from cryptic wrasses in my limited experience; I'd try that in the meantime. Was better than Arctipods or refrigerated roe.

OP
OP
YellowFinsReef

YellowFinsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LRS has a frozen egg product that elicits a really strong feeding reaction from cryptic wrasses in my limited experience; I'd try that in the meantime. Was better than Arctipods or refrigerated roe.

That's what I'm on currently. But it's very expensive and messy to prepare. No doubt though, my fish loves it. It even weaned my mandarins on frozen mysis.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure why it's not in production, but tobiko, calanus, sf bay reef plankton, and sf bay fish eggs can all elicit a good feeding response.

JaihWill

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No idea, my LFS has a nice stock of it and has for some time.

jefra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update on this? Starting to get concerned this is a repeat from a few years back when it vanished for a while.

MDandD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah man, can't even call to company. I ordered in October and still havent gotten it. My mandy is in bad shape as the hurricane crashed my tank and killed off my bugs (odd that they went but most of my tank survived) Been feeding 8x a day live enriched brine and stocking the tank with bugs I'm buying on the net. She's just too blind to hunt effectively.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 42.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 21.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back