The Regal Bearing of a Misbar Pygoplites diacanthus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Nutramar Foods

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regal Angelfish are found throughout the shallow tropical seas of the Pacific Ocean and Indian Ocean including the Red Sea. They will have slightly different color forms based on where they are caught, with the most brilliant orange and yellow ones usually coming from the Red Sea. Regardless of where they are caught, Misbar patterns do crop up, though very rarely. In 2019, Bali Aquarich achieved a feat previously thought impossible; they bred these fish and successfully raised the offspring. Since then, they have bred the babies of that offspring and as a result, we are now able to offer our partners fully aquacultured Regal Angels on a regular basis. An added benefit of this is that the Misbar patterns seem to crop up much more regularly in this stock and while still rare, are much more commonly available!

Aquacultured Regal Angels are great eaters and usually come totally willing to take prepared foods. We like to use Nutramar's Algae and Color Boost Shots to give them something to graze on. This is a great food for them nutritionally and allows them a very natural feeding behavior. We supplement this food a mix of Nutramar Pellets, and thawed meaty foods from Gamma including mysis, spirulina loaded brine, chopped mussel and prawn. This a good mix for both cultured and wild fish, in addition, both wild and cultured should get food to round out their nutritional needs like the Cockle in Shell product (a natural food for them) and the Vegetarian Diet both from Gamma. In the wild, these fish will graze on algae and sponges, and it's important to get a good amount of this into their diet with things like the Nutramar Nori and Ogo. Click here to learn more

1102066-1-18-24.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back