Nutri sea water

Oochie23

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 1, 2023
Messages
2
Reaction score
13
Location
Escanaba
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased a biocube led 32 gallon aquarium and Decided to use Nutri sea water so I had it delivered through the carrier and I think some of the sea water was frozen. Will this not be suitable anymore for my reef aquarium???
 
I just purchased a biocube led 32 gallon aquarium and Decided to use Nutri sea water so I had it delivered through the carrier and I think some of the sea water was frozen. Will this not be suitable anymore for my reef aquarium???
You can still use it- Just allow it to get to room temperature back to liquid form
 
welcome33.gif
 
I just purchased a biocube led 32 gallon aquarium and Decided to use Nutri sea water so I had it delivered through the carrier and I think some of the sea water was frozen. Will this not be suitable anymore for my reef aquarium???

Welcome! Glad you joined. See you already got a response about just let the water thaw back to liquid before using.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Escanaba:
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/local-reef-club-discussion.516/
This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
 
Brrrr..........that's cold.

At some point you may find it is cheaper and certainly more convenient to make ro/di water and add a salt mix, especially if you plan on doing regular water changes. Worth running the numbers.

I like the Biocube 32 and there are many references on R2R concerning upgrades to consider.

Good luck in the hobby
 
Last edited:
I just purchased a biocube led 32 gallon aquarium and Decided to use Nutri sea water so I had it delivered through the carrier and I think some of the sea water was frozen. Will this not be suitable anymore for my reef aquarium???
Hello!!!
 
Welcome to R2R! You’ll find that the people here are awesome, ready to help, and quite knowledgeable. We’re glad you joined! Hopefully you’ll start a build thread so we can see your reef as it progresses.

As I recall NSW freezes at 28F. It sure must have been cold for that to have frozen.
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!
Welcome.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new