Nutrients in an SPS tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter LukeV
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

LukeV

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 27, 2015
Messages
143
Reaction score
33
Location
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,
I'm in the process of building up my 250 gallon tank, which I plan to have SPS dominant. Currently my nitrates and phosphate levels are very low, and my SPS are pailing. I've read that if the coral are fading, it means there is not enough nutrients in the tank. Is this true?

What type of nutrients do you run in your tank, and how is the growth and color with these parameters?
 
I had the same problem. Either get more fish or start feeding your fish more and you should notice a difference in 2 weeks or so.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 18.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new