Nuvo 20 Filtration Advice

  • Thread starter Thread starter esolo16
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

esolo16

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 17, 2015
Messages
209
Reaction score
118
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. Long time stalker of this forum but first time poster. I had to tear down my tank due to my old nuvo 16 springing a leak. The 16 was a heavily stocked mixed reef, but am going to venture away from corals for this one and am going to make it a clown fish and bta tank. Right now I have 2 clown fish and a shrimp goby pair and am waiting for my tank to mature to add the nem. I currently have a ghost skimmer, minimax reactor for gfo and a custom caddy that has filter floss, purigen and carbon. I also have a RW-4 for circulation and 2 ai primes for lighting. Would keeping all of this running be overkill in my tank and have any negative effects on the bta or fish? This is also my first attempt at an anemone, so any other advice would be greatly appreciated.
 
Your fine imo. I like to use multiple methods for nutrient removal instead of relying on a couple. No coral so clean water is not a problem.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new