NUVO 40 AIO - Should I lower PO4?

johnbr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks,

Started this AIO few months ago and is doing pretty good, at least from what I can understand. All my parameters seems to be in check. My PO3 keeps climbing, currently at 0.68ppm according to my Hanna ULR and I want to make a move before is to late. I don't have space for a dedicated GFO reactor. Can I use Chemi Pure Elite to lower my PO3?

Here's a picture of the tank and the parameters from today. Don't mind the blue tang, is just sitting there while the 240G cycles.

Parameters.jpeg Tank.jpeg Tank 2.jpeg

Thanks

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
the po4 is a tad high, compared to the no3.
i'd say chemi pure blue would suffice. maybe get an amount that's rated less than what's in your tank(water volume-wise) so you can monitor it while it lowers the po4.

OP
OP
johnbr

johnbr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the po4 is a tad high, compared to the no3.
i'd say chemi pure blue would suffice. maybe get an amount that's rated less than what's in your tank(water volume-wise) so you can monitor it while it lowers the po4.
I have one here but the bag is rated to 75G. It would be hard to rip the bag and eye ball the amount for my 40g. Also @Randy Holmes-Farley mentioned multiple times that the regular blue does not contain GFO and therefore no PO4 will bond.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have one here but the bag is rated to 75G. It would be hard to rip the bag and eye ball the amount for my 40g. Also @Randy Holmes-Farley mentioned multiple times that the regular blue does not contain GFO and therefore no PO4 will bond.
the regular blue? i only know of there being 1 chemi pure blue. are you perhaps referencing the regular chemi pure?

vs.

fishyjoes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used phosphaterx to lower phosphate. Super easy, just add a few drops and the next day the po4 level is down (you have as larger tank so you'll need more drops)

OP
OP
johnbr

johnbr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might want to check the calibration first. If its legit, then yes, I would start finding a way to get it down.

I did several times and same results.

the regular blue? i only know of there being 1 chemi pure blue. are you perhaps referencing the regular chemi pure?

vs.

Chemi Pure Blue and They have the Chemi Pure Elite (has GFO)

I've used phosphaterx to lower phosphate. Super easy, just add a few drops and the next day the po4 level is down (you have as larger tank so you'll need more drops)

I will check that one as well.

OP
OP
johnbr

johnbr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone here could recommend Phosguard from Seachem?

OP
OP
johnbr

johnbr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks,

Just an update. Running 60ml of phosguard and so far not a huge change. 0.68 yesterday today 0.54. Not sure if that's what I want instead of just ripping the whole thing in a matter of hours.

Corals still seems to be doing fine.

Thanks

brclark82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0.68 to 0.54 in one day is a significant change…shows it’s working but wouldn’t want to go any faster than that for sure…I would keep ask eye out and make sure it doesn’t fall too fast or too low, I would take a break for a few days and let it stabilize around 0.25-0.3 before you take it lower since it’s going pretty fast

brclark82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I just realized this is a few weeks old, I was searching for something and came across this

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks,

Just an update. Running 60ml of phosguard and so far not a huge change. 0.68 yesterday today 0.54. Not sure if that's what I want instead of just ripping the whole thing in a matter of hours.

Corals still seems to be doing fine.

Thanks

Any impact on leathers? Some historically do not like the aluminum that can be released.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 32 21.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 111 73.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back