Nuvo 40 and The Rock

Fish_N_A_Box

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it's getting close to start my 2nd build. Currently I have a 7 gallon Waterbox which is now up and running fully. So while it progresses is time to move on to tank #2 of three... (spoiler alert: there will be a Nuvo 25 warty frogfish tank to come in a little while)

Over the past month I've been slowly acquiring the parts for the 40 Nuvo build. So far I have everything but a magnet cleaner, decent power strip, inkbird temp controller, egg crate, 2nd heater, 2nd SW-4 powerhead and ATO reservoir. Yes, I know the heater in the picture is overkill... but it fits and for 15.00 I couldn't buy a smaller wattage one for that price.

So while dropping the wife off at the airport the other day I decided to stop by some LFS in that city. I browsed around all of them and while walking around one of them there was a large piece of coral rock sitting out dry. I kept looking at it and could envision it going into my 40. Now this by no means is this a small rock,. Dry, it weighs in just under 25 pounds. So this single rock weighs about as much as multiple pieces most of us would normally buy to create an aquascape in a tank this size. It's not lace rock. It's not manufactured rock. It's not ancient coral rock dug up. It's right out of the ocean.

The rock itself will be a feature within the tank. The bottom has been cut and it sits steady on it's perch. The top is basically flat and gives a HUGE surface area for placing corals upon. Below the rock within the tank will be an open sandbed with a couple of smaller islands within the shaded overhangs of "The Rock".

Should I keep you waiting to see what "The Rock" is and surprise you all once it is up and running fully or should I show you now?

1.jpg 5.jpg

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Post up some pix!! We ALL need more Rick pix!!;)
Fwiw, I have a warty in his own tank. Super cool fish

OP
OP
F

Fish_N_A_Box

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top down in a Nuvo 25, which has the same footprint as the Nuvo 40.

Dimension of the display area are 23w x16d
6.jpg

OP
OP
F

Fish_N_A_Box

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another View.... still it does not give the full true form of the rock.

2.jpg

OP
OP
F

Fish_N_A_Box

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Final view before it goes into the tank...

Now you are starting to see some depth and definition.

As you can see it stands on a single narrow pillar and is perfectly balanced. Being on a pillar opens the entire floor up for low to moderate light corals.

3.jpg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 52 48.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 55.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.3%

Back