Nuvo 40 Build Thread

I have a controllable Tunze 9004 skimmer and eShopps Nano on hand as well. Just setting up an IM 40. Going to test out the eShopps first because it apparently will fit in the 2nd/accessory chambers.

I suspect having the Tunze 9004 in the primary/overflow chamber isn't a big deal if you feed tactfully (e.g., return pump and wavemakers off) and perhaps run a refugium in the second chamber with some filter floss on top. There shouldn't be much larger detritus getting into the return chamber/sump.

Apparently the IceKap K1 Nano is a solid option for the accessory chamber on an IM 40 as well.

I'd run with the Tunze though and see how it goes. Wondering if you can somehow extend the air intake so it doesn't get clogged with salt precipitate?
 
I have mine plumbed into my furnace Outside air intake pipe, works good
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new