Nuvo 40 Fusion Light?

CaliberGSD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up a Nuvo 40. Trying to decide on a light. I am thinking I will want to do a mixed reef.

Trying to decided between the following.

AI HD Prime - Love the clean look and the integration into Apex in the future but maybe too small? Some say get two but I want a clean look and I think 2 may be not clean looking?

Nanobox Duo Plus M - Really love the design of this but is it enough? This is the one Im kinda set on at the moment.

AI 52 HD - Pretty $$$ and seems like a bit much but maybe not?

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up a Nuvo 40. Trying to decide on a light. I am thinking I will want to do a mixed reef.

Trying to decided between the following.

AI HD Prime - Love the clean look and the integration into Apex in the future but maybe too small? Some say get two but I want a clean look and I think 2 may be not clean looking?

Nanobox Duo Plus M - Really love the design of this but is it enough? This is the one Im kinda set on at the moment.

AI 52 HD - Pretty $$$ and seems like a bit much but maybe not?
If you plan to have sps, acros specifically I think you'd want two AI Prime HDs or a Nanobox Wide Quad. I ran both of those configurations on my IM40 when I had one and wouldn't have gone with anything less.

OP
OP
CaliberGSD

CaliberGSD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you plan to have sps, acros specifically I think you'd want two AI Prime HDs or a Nanobox Wide Quad. I ran both of those configurations on my IM40 when I had one and wouldn't have gone with anything less.

Do you happen to have a pic with the two AI Prime HDs on the tank?

Out of the two setups which did you prefer and why?

You think 2 AI Primes HDs would be better than the 26 or 52?

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the Primes:
35331599490_c91a02d1db_k.jpg

35408269013_b4376b697b_k.jpg

With the Nanobox Wide Quad:
35799726320_57c5c9f9d6_k.jpg

I used the Primes because that's what came with the tank when I bought it from another hobbyist, and I liked them just fine. Otherwise I think you could go with a 26 or 52 and be fine. I'd probably go 52 just to have some extra room, you wouldn't have to run the fixture at as high of an intensity.

bckey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm following along here to see what suggestions you get. I am putting together an IM Nuvo 40 also. The lights will be the final piece I pick up. I would love to get the new Kessil 360x when it comes out in November but that is still 2 months and change away. I like the light choices you listed. My list is a bit longer for now because I am still in the research stage. Besides the ones you listed I have:
Kessil A360W-E
Kessil A360X
Maxspect Ethereal 130W LED and controller
Echotech Marine Radion XR30W G4 Pro.

Link to information about the new Kessil A360X http://kessil.com/products/saltwater_A360X.php

Surrendra Gunness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great advice...im also looking at lighting for my fusion 40 and was leaning towards a hydra 26...i am mainly considering low light corals though...

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 47 21.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 161 72.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.5%
Back