NUVO EXT 100 Build/Plumbing Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter derekjc
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

derekjc

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 19, 2025
Messages
22
Reaction score
8
Location
Massachusetts
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NUVO EXT 100 Build/Plumbing Question

Sorry for the lengthy post!


I recently purchased the EXT 100 and went with a Luna reef sump because I really wanted a filter roller. The sump has 4 bulk heads similar to the IM RFS.

1. Main Drain

2. Overflow

3. Emergency Overflow

4. Return


I also purchased a UV Filter and was originally going to plumb it from the first chamber and exit into the return chamber but I’m reading that is not the best way and it should exit directly into the tank. So then I thought about plumbing the UV directly to 1 return and then still have a second pump for the other return. (I read that you shouldn’t plumb directly to main return as you can not adjust the flow to accurately utilize the UV). I already have both DC pumps so it’s not a matter of having to purchase another return pump.



So my dilemma would be 4 bulk heads on the sump but 5 pipes! Haha help! Any ideas or recommendations?
 
I would hook up a manifold and run your UV off that .
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new