Nuvo Fusion 20 build !

Angel_V_the_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yo what’s up reefing brothers and sister, so I have started a build thread in order to document my progress. I have an Innovative Marine Nuvo Fusion Pro 20 with stock pump. I will make a list of all the good stuff that I have for my tank!
Equipment / media / and resources being used on this tank :
- reef saver dry rock
- Sicce Voyager nano powerhead
- AI Prime 16HD LED fixture with their flex arm
- Eheim Jager 100 W heater (slightly oversized for this tank haha )
- Marine land premium activated carbon
- BRS GFO
- filter floss bought off of Amazon
- HW Marinemix reefer salt
- digital thermometer off of Amazon
- BRS 6 stage RODI deluxe system 100 GPD
This is what I’m using to start up my tank and of course I have all other resources such as test kits, fish food, tds meter in hand. I plan on cycling this tank next week , I’m just waiting to purchase live sand which I plan to purchase at my LFS.
41DD56F8-1012-4209-B67C-13797BE1EC55.jpeg
692DF65D-5941-490F-AED4-EBBE4F0BC1B2.jpeg
4D2DC2FF-D7CB-4EB0-AD8B-AF68E7851B00.jpeg

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice...live sand is just sand with bottle bacteria added, it means you can’t rinse the sand before adding to tank, you could use dry sand, give a good rinse with tap water to get rid of all the fines that will cloud the water, then a final rinse in rodi water and add a bottle bacteria if you want.

OP
OP
Angel_V_the_reefer

Angel_V_the_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the aquascape any particular fish you plan to add? Following along and looking for ideas for my IM20.
I plan on adding a pair of clownfish and along the way a purple fire fish and an orange spotted goby pored up with a pistol shrimp! Of course I plan on having a clean up crew once I see signs of algae. And thank you! This aqua scape took me a week to think of. The one on the left was built by 5 pieces of rock and the one on the left were various small rocks super glued together with 2 larger rocks as the base .

OP
OP
Angel_V_the_reefer

Angel_V_the_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice...live sand is just sand with bottle bacteria added, it means you can’t rinse the sand before adding to tank, you could use dry sand, give a good rinse with tap water to get rid of all the fines that will cloud the water, then a final rinse in rodi water and add a bottle bacteria if you want.
Mhm that’s a good idea. I will check out the prices of live sand at my lfs and if they’re too pricey I’ll certainly pick up some sand !

OP
OP
Angel_V_the_reefer

Angel_V_the_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added bacteria yesterday , many people were telling me I could add fish straight from the bat with bio spira but I have to wait a week or 2 for fish so I dosed 2ppm of ammonia to feed the bacteria. The tank is running well, soon we will stock it and once we see some diatoms add our cuc.

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure if it's me. I was not able to see the video. Looking forward to your progress.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back