Which one would you choose?

• Total voters

clabern

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The JBJ new solid wood fully assembled stands just hit our LFS. I would get a Vertex Illumina 12" for the tank since they are at a reduced price right now at Bulk Reef Supply. According to Vertex FB page, this discount will only be for June. This light is modular and has controlability built right in. I understand the 108 unibody will be around $500, not upgradeable, and no automation built in, so for $125 more (for the SR260, and $59 more for the SR200), you get much more of a fixture. An AI SOL would be good too...

My LFS doesn't carry JBJ products unfortunately... and I haven't been able to find the new solid wood stands online. Any word on pricing at your LFS? Could/Would they ship?

mapn4reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS doesn't carry JBJ products unfortunately... and I haven't been able to find the new solid wood stands online. Any word on pricing at your LFS? Could/Would they ship?

I don't have the exact price yet, but I was last told $225-$250 area. They might ship. I would post a question on the JBJ facebook site, they have always responsed the same day with either a reponse post or a PM to me. Ask them for online retailers who have it in stock. I think my LFS would probably ship. I'll PM you name/number for them.

Steelerfan747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have experience with either one but would choose the nuvo just because it's 38g. I currently have a 22" 46g cube and there is not one day that goes by that I don't kick myself for not having opted for the 24" 60g cube I originally thought of getting. I say go as big as you can and you won't regret it. Jmo
Jbj now has the 45 so I would put my vote for that one. Plus, I was just speaking with a guy at my lfs and he brought up a great point. The Jbj has 2 return pumps while the Nuvo only has 1. This may not seem like a big deal but what happens if you have a pump failure. You are covered with the jbj but not the Nuvo.

reid429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jbj now has the 45 so I would put my vote for that one. Plus, I was just speaking with a guy at my lfs and he brought up a great point. The Jbj has 2 return pumps while the Nuvo only has 1. This may not seem like a big deal but what happens if you have a pump failure. You are covered with the jbj but not the Nuvo.
do you not realize you brought a thread back from the dead

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 62 32.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 50 26.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 40 20.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 38 19.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back