Nyos Quantum 160 micro adjustment screw clogging

  • Thread starter Thread starter erm0715
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

erm0715

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2022
Messages
103
Reaction score
29
Location
Wilson
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if it's saltcreep or another precipitant but every few days if I do not turn the micro adjustment screw back and forth a few times it will clog/seal and throw the skim off often resulting in overflow or really wet skim since it basically acts as if the screw is turned all the way tight.

Any way to prevent this? Doesn't take long to develop after cleaning.

IMG-5167.jpg
 
That's fairly common, actually. What I do is to leave more of an air gap between the screw and the tube (at least 1/16" to 1/8" and then adjust the water level accordingly. You can also replace it with a flat titanium screw so that it's less likely to clog as well.
 
That's fairly common, actually. What I do is to leave more of an air gap between the screw and the tube (at least 1/16" to 1/8" and then adjust the water level accordingly. You can also replace it with a flat titanium screw so that it's less likely to clog as well.
Thanks! I'll try to readjust the water level lower and move up the micro screw first.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 18.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new