Nyos vs. Hana nitrate testers

  • Thread starter Thread starter DmitryB
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DmitryB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 26, 2026
Messages
1,252
Reaction score
969
Location
Hunter, NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Did readings on my IM 40 tank for the first time since setting it up a few days ago.

Having trouble setting up my N-Fill ATO because I can't get the placement of the sensors right. Salinity is at 1.024. There's no livestock in the tank - can I just add a little bit of salt in there and let it mix until I'm at 1.025??

Now the readings, showing Nyos vs. Hana on Nitrate.

Salinity: 1.024 (Milwaukee digital)
pH: 8.2 (RedSea)
kH - 10.1 (Hana)
Nitrite: 0 (Hana and RedSea)
Ammonia: 0 (RedSea)
Nitrate: 30 (Nyos) and 15.2 (Hana)

What's up with the difference between Nyos and Hana Nitrate testers? Does it matter?
 
Wouldn’t matter much to me since both are within my target range.

No idea which, if either, is more accurate.
 
I would be more interested in trends rather than the deltas between the two checkers, stick to one of them as they bother work and lessen the complication especially at the early stage of setting up a tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new