o2manyfish - Seldom Seen Juvenile Navarchus Angel - Cool Lil Fish

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Navarchus or Majestic Angels I think are one of the most beautiful fish in the world. They are also one of the fastest maturing angels in the Pomacanthus species. While most angels don't start changing to adult coloration till they are 5-8" in size. The Navarchus starts maturing at less than 2". As a true juvenile they look very similar to an Annularis angel. In August I purchased a young angel with just a small orange dot on the back. Now 2 months later the orange is starting to spread. I look forward to growing this beauty all the way out.
This guy is in the overflow of my 180g outdoor frag tank. I don't feed him. He feeds himself by hunting.
There is a quick shot of my other Navarchus. I have had him for over 18 months in the main frag tank. I was lucky enough to get him from a friend in Bali. He came in at 3" with mature coloration in the body but still showing some juvenile stripes. As you can see in the video he still has a couple of stripes.
Not a great quality video, but the little one is really shy.
Dave B

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back