Observation for the day...

Leslie Tabor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish kinda suck. Lol

Since moving my 120 g tank into my 380 g tank, I have had several deaths that appear to have been for no reason. I am sure there is one but literally the fish were healthy and eating one day, then dead the next. HOWEVER.

I have had my Watanabei Angel's and my Lyretail anthias spawning/spawning behavior like crazy since the change. Which is the COOLEST thing to see! I feel bad for not trying to raise them, I tried clownfish fry, apparently NOT in my wheel house! :oops:;Dead 20180828_123846.jpg

OP
OP
Leslie Tabor

Leslie Tabor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys! I try really hard!

@maroun.c the Watanabei don't seem to ever nip at anything. My male is a turd to new fish so I have given up adding anything. He killed a pretty pearlscale butterfly, and almost a fish I brought to the new tank from my mom's (she had a tank for 6 months and HATED it after 3). One member says that I must be doing something wrong with feeding for him to be so aggressive? He has 3 sister wives lol. Small fish he doesn't bother. Since my midas died, my male lyretail has been getting more assertive again so they have had some spats too. You would think with 3x the space, I would have LESS aggression issues...

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys! I try really hard!

@maroun.c the Watanabei don't seem to ever nip at anything. My male is a turd to new fish so I have given up adding anything. He killed a pretty pearlscale butterfly, and almost a fish I brought to the new tank from my mom's (she had a tank for 6 months and HATED it after 3). One member says that I must be doing something wrong with feeding for him to be so aggressive? He has 3 sister wives lol. Small fish he doesn't bother. Since my midas died, my male lyretail has been getting more assertive again so they have had some spats too. You would think with 3x the space, I would have LESS aggression issues...
Thanks for the info. I had a trio of semifasciatus (now down to a pair) and I'm not sure yet but believe they are nipping at my Acans. Haven't seen the aggressive behavior you mention though.

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is that yellow fish in the middle? (not the midas)

mort

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What fish did you lose Leslie? Their identities might lead possible theories.

OP
OP
Leslie Tabor

Leslie Tabor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What fish did you lose Leslie? Their identities might lead possible theories.
I lost a pearl scale butterfly most recently, the Watanabei male was constantly picking at it. My midas blenny just vanished. A red scooter (came to my tank from my mom's tank) I tried to add 2 blue jaw triggers when we moved the tank, they only lived one 2 days, the other 7. Both were eating great, no signs of anything. I never saw any white spots or marks on anyone. Only the butterfly was being harrassed that I saw. Things have calmed a bit thank goodness, I was getting very discouraged.

mort

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen it a few times where new or weakened fish succumbed when the tank was in its infancy but older (well fed, well looked after, aquarium acclimated) fish showed no problems. In these cases you often here anything from a mini cycle to an existing pathogen praying on the new stressed fish. I don't know the answer but glad it has all settled down now.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 48 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.7%
Back