Occasional mechanical filtration for macro algae tank

Michael.Brock

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 28, 2025
Messages
27
Reaction score
28
Location
Alachua
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a 40g macro algae tank. Water changes result in a lot of debris in the water bits of hair algae, sediment, etc.) and I'm looking for a suggestion on the best tool for temporary mechanical filtration. I am not running with a sump. I have a small hob filter but it doesn't do the job. Before I just upgrade to a larger hob, is there a better solution for occasional use? I have a large canister filter, but setting that up/breaking it down for every water change is daunting. I'm sure it would do the job though.
 
Marineland magnum internal canister filter. I use it to polish the water when I was cleaning Dino’s etc. it’s an awesome pump to have on hand. In stock usually at petco.
IMG_9318.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new