Ocean Revive Arctic t247 settings

Scousereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one ocean Revive Arctic t-247 on my 50 gallon tank which is currently cycling, I'm planning on keeping LPS and Soft corals to begin with and I'm hoping for some advice on the intensity and timing people have had success with?

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What height is it off of the water?
What are the dimensions of the tank?
Do you prefer much white?

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to run four of these on my 220 SPS tank. I set the blues to 90% and whites to 50%.

The one flaw of these lights is that the red wire that goes into the fan tends to corrode and the fan stops working. Then the light over heats and the diodes burn out. Keep an eye on the fan and make sure it’s working now and then. If it stops, you can buy replacements off of Amazon for less that $5.

I also modded my lights by putting a couple of the white LEDs in the blue Chanel and put the blues I removed into the white channel. This way, when I staggered the on/off of the blue and white channels, the tank didn’t look like complete windex

OP
OP
S

Scousereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What height is it off of the water?
What are the dimensions of the tank?
Do you prefer much white?
It's about 7inch off the surface,
It's an aqua one 195 so 68 X 52 X 156cm,
I prefer to see the natural colours of the fish and coral etc.
i just want to know what's best for fish and coral.

Thanks for the reply mate:cool:

OP
OP
S

Scousereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to run four of these on my 220 SPS tank. I set the blues to 90% and whites to 50%.

The one flaw of these lights is that the red wire that goes into the fan tends to corrode and the fan stops working. Then the light over heats and the diodes burn out. Keep an eye on the fan and make sure it’s working now and then. If it stops, you can buy replacements off of Amazon for less that $5.

I also modded my lights by putting a couple of the white LEDs in the blue Chanel and put the blues I removed into the white channel. This way, when I staggered the on/off of the blue and white channels, the tank didn’t look like complete windex
Thanks for the advice bro, I will set it to 90/50 what time did you turn on and off? I'm currently leaving them on for 12 hours per day.

The fan on mine seems fine it's just very dusty and I'm unsure how to take it apart

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's about 7inch off the surface,
It's an aqua one 195 so 68 X 52 X 156cm,
I prefer to see the natural colours of the fish and coral etc.
i just want to know what's best for fish and coral.

Thanks for the reply mate:cool:

I would run blue at 50% and whites at 10%. If you are using the arms (which I presume you are given the 7 inch height), you will have a hotspot in the middle of around 350, but the rest of the tank should be around 150-200ish. You can adjust this ratio if you'd like, and you can also bump it up an extra 10-15%, but avoid anything but decently high light corals in the dead center.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can raise the white or blue a bit (maybe 10%) too since your tank is taller. Maybe try 60 blue and 10 white or 50 blue and 20 white.

zuri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
start at 35 blue 15 color these lights are powerful like not kidding you powerful I ran these for 5 years or so very pleased with them but I upgraded still have them as a backup.

just fyi the intensity setting on these are all off 35% power is roughly 50% of max power to give you an idea crazy right but they are good lights

Power setting equivalents for CH1 & CH2:
(setting = actual watts used) 1 = 17% 10 = 19% 30 = 50% 50 = 67% 70 = 83% 90 = 95% 100 = 100%

OP
OP
S

Scousereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
start at 35 blue 15 color these lights are powerful like not kidding you powerful I ran these for 5 years or so very pleased with them but I upgraded still have them as a backup.

just fyi the intensity setting on these are all off 35% power is roughly 50% of max power to give you an idea crazy right but they are good lights

Power setting equivalents for CH1 & CH2:
(setting = actual watts used) 1 = 17% 10 = 19% 30 = 50% 50 = 67% 70 = 83% 90 = 95% 100 = 100%
Thanks alot for the info mate :D :cool:

OP
OP
S

Scousereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would run blue at 50% and whites at 10%. If you are using the arms (which I presume you are given the 7 inch height), you will have a hotspot in the middle of around 350, but the rest of the tank should be around 150-200ish. You can adjust this ratio if you'd like, and you can also bump it up an extra 10-15%, but avoid anything but decently high light corals in the dead center.
There is an acrylic bridge in the center under the light will this reduce the hotspot? A local fellow reefer said he is going to give me some zoa and Xenia when he next trims his I'm brand new to the hobby so should these corals go low/high central or outskirts?

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is an acrylic bridge in the center under the light will this reduce the hotspot? A local fellow reefer said he is going to give me some zoa and Xenia when he next trims his I'm brand new to the hobby so should these corals go low/high central or outskirts?
The acrylic bridge will probably help (at leas I think so?). As for the outskirts, those will do fine. It is more that when you move from out under the fixture area a few inches that you will want to keep lower light corals. But, given the shape of your tank, the light will probably reflect differently than mine, so a par meter will definitely help give you a better understanding.

TurkishKing9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have three of these lights that I have been using for about 4 years on my tank. I have seen amazing growth over the years I have a mixed reef tank. The tank is about 27 inches deep and I keep my lights about 10 inches from the tanks water surface. I also keep my blues around 90% and keep my white's at 30%.

OP
OP
S

Scousereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have three of these lights that I have been using for about 4 years on my tank. I have seen amazing growth over the years I have a mixed reef tank. The tank is about 27 inches deep and I keep my lights about 10 inches from the tanks water surface. I also keep my blues around 90% and keep my white's at 30%.
That seems very high % I have my whites at 5 and blue at 20% and have to scrape glass every few days and was expierancing hair algae which I have defeated but now have mermaid growing in its place lol the struggle is real, only had the tank set up for 4/5 months do you think I could start increasing the intensity?

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 168 62.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 25.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 70 25.9%
Back