Ocean Revive T247B vs Reefbreeders.

Tailfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, looking for advice to see if it is worth upgrading from T247B to Reefbreeder light for 40 breeder. Also would one light be enough to grow out frags from zoas to sps. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I did do mod to T247B to be able to connect to controller for ramping up and down but starts at 10% when lights come on instead of zero. Thanks CJ

Kodski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the question should be, do you have any reason for upgrading over your existing lights? How are your corals growing? Do the lights give you the functionality you're looking for? Do you need more par? I think if you ask yourself some of these questions you'll have your answer.

BranchingHammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one photon 24 V2 over my 36in wide, 24in high 65 gallon and everything grows great. Just make sure to mount the light high enough to eliminate shadows.

OP
OP
T

Tailfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I will just go agai st my better judgment and get them.

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I will just go agai st my better judgment and get them.

They’re great lights if used correctly. My only complaint is the narrow optics. You really gotta get them up in the stratosphere to get comfortable even coverage. The mounting legs don’t get them high enough

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 20 15.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 85 67.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.0%
Back