Lighting for 150ext

thand1582

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I am currently building out my first salt tank for a while, innovative marine 150ext, was wondering what my best lighting option would be. Interested in the new reefbreeder meridian and was wondering if one 45” would be okay or if two 24” would be substantially better? May upgrade one of the light bars down the line to accommodate depth better.

Thought? Thank you!

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not familiar with the specific model you mentioned. But I know Reefbreeders well and have used many things from them, including quite a few led fixtures as I changed from small tanks to big tanks and back to small again. You can trust Logan to be honest and helpful.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, what lighting did you go with? In facing the same decision right now.
I used the 24" Photon V2 Pro for my 40g cube coral tank and 2 older 16" Photons for the 40g breeder that I use for local collections. I know Logan, I worked for a competitor (Ocean Revive) for a couple of years. But I've used Reef Breeders fixtures way before I worked for Ocean Revive.

I think you'd be very happy with the 48" fixture. My pair of 16" fixtures has a slight sag in the middle. It's not enough that I care and it's not my show tank. But I just want to be totally open with you.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is the tank that I want to upgrade to and I'm going all Quanta Pro LED bars (although, I may still use my halides?). Because I have three 3' meso blues on my current tank, I'll add one more and get three Tropic Sun's for a total of 7 bars. I have a couple Kessil's that I can add for contrast and shimmer and also for dawn/dusk dimming. I talked with @Lousybreed about this setup and this is what he recommended based on what I have. You could do 4' bars that run the length of the tank?
You could also do a couple Reefi's (Uno Pro 2) with some LED bars?

T-rev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank, planned for sps dominant. Started with 3 xr30 G6 pro. Then I added two 39" blades for fill light. If I planned the blades from the start I would have only purchased xr15s

flatlander93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered 4 or3 bulbs from orphek. Getting osix and gonna be able to control it. I about went with the quanta bars but I just can’t go back to non controllable. Spoiled I guess. It’s an awesome tank tho. I just gotta figure out how to get mine out of the garage and into the house. That depth isn’t great for everything.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 113 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back