Ocean runner 6500 problem

williamjacobs641

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need help with my pump. For the last year and a half, I never had a problem with my ocean runner pump. It start to give me problems on restarts. I have to take the the pump out of the water to get it started and place it back in the water while its running. Very messy to do. So I have taking it apart several times to clean around the impeller just to make sure that a piece of trash isn't stuck in there. I sent an email to aqua medic and they said it sounds like a impeller problem, that I might be missing washers. Does anybody know where I can get replacement parts? I would like to rebuild it before buying a new pump. The only replacement parts I can find are around about $90 buck for the ful assembly. I don't want to spend that much on a assembly for some washers. Plus I would hate to spend that much and still have to order a new pump. If I have to order a new pump, I'm going with the coralvue wave blaster 7000. At least they are just around the corner if repairs are needed.

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same thing happened to my OR6500... It is now locked up solid after replacing the washers. Mine looks like it was hitting the impeller cover and wearing a ring into it. I added the spacer washer there and it helpped for about a day or two then started to have issues again. I would recommend just getting the impeller assembly to make sure it is all good rather than trying to find worable washers.

Back