Ocellaris attacking new BTA

bulldogin04

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 21, 2017
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Alaska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a bubble tip anemone for my 2 ocellaris clownfish that I used to break in my new tank. I've had the tank running for over a year now and decided it was time to get them a home. I got a BTA for them and it acclimated fine, but the fish didn't to it right away. no big deal, I figured they will find it in good time. Sure enough the male got curious and after a few days would swim near the BTA nip the tentacle but not go in. Then today I noticed the BTA was all shrivelled and on closer inspection noticed it had a hole in the stalk near the base. In shock, I just stared at it then I seen both clowns come in and start eating the anemone innards! I promptly moved the rock that the BTA was attached to to a remote part of the tank but the "guts" are coming out the hole they made. Hopefully the BTA will survive. Has anyone ever heard to this kind of behavior before? Clownfish attacking a BTA?
 
Post a picture of the anemone but from what you're describing its probably already dead and will mess your waters chemistry.
 
I removed it from the tank early this morning, no time for a photo. The BTA showed no signs of life or recovery. it almost fell off the rock while I was removing it. Anyone want some free ocellaris fish?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new